I wish I had been able to attend all of this session, but I was preparing for my participation in the Patients 2.0 session later this afternoon.
Data Utility Layer, Unplatforms ??? and Now Personal Sensors, Too!
GRAND B (Main Ballroom)
Don???t blink but while you were working at your mHealth strategy, we???re going beyond the smartphone. In our rush to get digital, we???ve ignored the analog world. But hardware that measures a variety of human activities is back and transforming consumer engagement. Increasingly, people???s data is automatically being added to the Data Utility Layer from a multitude of devices, including automatic updates from wearable sensors. Is this the year when Unplatforms go mainstream?
WITH DEMOS AND COMMENTARY FROM:
- Julee Thompson, Chief Healthcare Executive, Sprint
- Mike Raymer, GM, Microsoft Health Solutions Group
- Vaibhav Bhandari, Program Manager, Microsoft
- C??dric Hutchings, Co-Founder, Withings
- Jason Goldberg, President, IdealLife
- Jason Jacobs, CEO and Founder, RunKeeper
- Christine Robins, CEO, BodyMedia
- Yishai Knobel, Director of Mobile Health, AgaMatrix
- Ted Ladd, Director of Development Relations, WIMM Labs
There were some great demos from Withings – Blood Pressure Meter for the iPhone. AgaMatrix Glucose tester that is an IPhone accessory, RunKeeper (A device I am experimenting with myself),
The best devices fit in to our lifestyle unobtrusively.
WiMM Labs device is very cool micro android device. Connects via WiFi to the cloud. http://www.wimm.com/
I should look at RunKeeper for tracking my skiing.