Health 2.0 STAT is taking place this evening. http://www.meetup.com/DC-MD-VA-Health-2-0/events/17129561/
This is a series of 5 minute lightning talks.
1) Use of Mobile, Social, and Open Government Technologies To Advance FDA???s New Regulation of Tobacco Products
Sanjay J. Koyani is a Senior Communications Advisor in the U.S. Food and Drug Administration???s (FDA) Center for Tobacco Products (CTP)
How to advance the use of Health 2.0.
Are we asking the right questions?
Do we have the right partnerships?
Are we using the right technologies?
– Great content but content is not necessarily king. We have a glut of content. We need good content.
– How do you make content usable – Information Structure and Design to bring clarity.
– Syndication: we need to reuse good content. Widgets and Feeds play a big part.
– Mobile: Everyone has a phone (96% of US population. – 34% have a smartphone)
– Government as a Service
– Government as a Platform (this will tie in with the George Thomas presentation later tonight)