More from WHIT
|8:20 am –
Greg LeGrow talking about Care360 EHR pilot at BCBSMA
Only 32% of small physicians have an EHR solution.
– Active Physician Champions are vital
– Sponsorship and Financial Subsidies
– Choice of Lab and Radiology to address lock in fears
– Provider Advisory Group online community to increase level of engagement and peer support
Dr Paulo Andre:
EHR features required:
– Web Based
– Share data across the network not just in a practice
– Clinical notes
– Clinical messages
– Tests: Lab results, images etc.
Most EHRS made it difficult to share online, had a big learning curve, disrupted workflow and productivity, were complex and expensive ($500/month and $40k/Doctor)
They wanted something as simple and flexible as gmail.
MedPlus Care360 provides:
– Easy sharing
– Disease Registry and able to send HEDIS quality feedback via EHR Message system
– Flexible data input: type, Speech recognition or upload transcriptions
– No impact to patient throughput – workflow doesn’t impede workload
– Online upgrades make it easy to maintain
– Intuite and minimal training needed.
Phase 1: e-perscribe, Messaging
Phase 2: EHR with notes.
– Accessible from iPhone and iPad.
100 Physicians in 40 Facilities selected Care360
74 from 30 facilities have activated Care360.
59 Physicians at 27 facilities are using Care360 daily.
Paper to Electronic transition in 4 weeks.
Meera Kanhouwa, MedPlus:
MedPlus: >160k physicians and >70,000 Practices
MedPlus is an IT subsidiary of Quest Diagnostics.
Average time to deploy is 16 business days.
94% of all US Practices are 5 physicians or less.
4,500 physicians in Maryland are connected.
– 40B Lab Results for 120M patients.
– Medication History, inc. Vaccines and allergies.
Quest connects to Google Health, KEAS and Microsoft HealthVault.
Care360 Mobile on iPhone/iPad.
Partnership with HP to deploy equipment and connectivity.
Actively involved with RECs.
Subscription based system. Data is not held hostage.
Care360 is a hosted single instance system. Every physician (172,000+) on Care360 is in the network.
10 Physician referrals increase a hospital bottom line by $1 M to $1.5M.